Alabama Motor Vehicle Accident Attorney · Jefferson County Car Wreck Lawyer
The American highway is the most dangerous environment in the world. Every year thousands of drivers and passengers are injured or die in fatal accidents. With each passing year, new hazards make our roads more dangerous, including texting, drunk driving and changing attitudes toward courteous driving.
A car accident injury or death of a loved one can change your life in the blink of an eye. If the accident was the result of another driver's illegal actions on the road or misconduct, you have the right and responsibility to your family to seek full and fair money damages to compensate you for your medical costs, lost earnings and pain. The Drake Law Firm has a successful record of representing individuals and families who have suffered injury and loss in a car crash in Alabama and anywhere in the nation. Our personal injury trial attorneys handle a full range of car accident cases, including head-on collisions, drunk driver cases, rear-enders, etc.
We have experience representing individuals who have suffered many types of catastrophic injury or loss of a loved one in a car accident, including:
- Spinal cord injury
- Brain injury, closed head injury
- Internal organ damage
- Amputation, loss of limb
- Severe burns, scarring
- Compound fractures
The Process of a Car Accident Case
Unlike many states, Alabama still recognizes contributory negligence when assigning liability for injuries. That means that you can sue any party (or his or her insurance company) held liable for contributing to your injuries and losses. From a legal standpoint, the first hurdle is proving fault. Initially, the accident report is the primary indicator of fault. A number of factors are considered by the investigating officer with every car accident claim such as speeds of the vehicles involved, traffic control devices, weather conditions, sight distance, etc. If fault is disputed, our investigators will take statements of the witnesses and/or recreate the accident.
Won't the Insurance Adjuster Handle Everything?
Don't expect the insurance adjuster to protect anybody's interest but the insurance company he or she works for. There are several important reasons why you may need a car accident lawyer to handle your injury claim:
- Your lawyer will front the money necessary to recreate and preserve the accident facts.
- A lawyer can guide you through the legal process of dealing with adjusters and preserve your right to uninsured motorist coverage.
- Car accident injuries can often be permanent and disabling, requiring life-care planning with qualified experts.
- Even if fault is not disputed, it is common for the settlement offer from the insurance company to be insufficient.
- Although 95 percent of all injury claims settle before going to a jury, full value for the claim will not be offered until all injuries are properly documented through your physicians.
- Alabama has time restrictions on the filing of injury claims due to a car accident.
- Rarely will the insurance company's settlement offer take into consideration potential future medical treatment and lost wages. A car accident lawyer can assemble the experts needed to prove this at trial.
- If your car accident occurred while you were on the job, you may have two claims: one for workers' compensation and a separate claim against the other driver. This scenario is much more complicated and will require assistance from a car accident lawyer.
Additional Car Accident Information:
- Auto accident checklist
- Car accident damages
- Car accident law
- Construction zone accidents or construction vehicle accidents
- Drunk driver
- Head-on collisions
- Freeway and highway accidents
- Hit-and-run accidents
- Intersection accidents
- Tire defects and blowouts
- Pedestrian and bicycle accidents
- Rear-end collisions or rollover accidents
- Single vehicle accidents
- Speeding and reckless driving accident
- Texting, cellphone, distracted driver
- Uninsured and underinsured driver
- Fatal auto accidents and passenger injuries or death
Free Consultation · Contingency Fee · State and Nationwide · Million-Dollar Verdicts
Our lawyers have experience handling injury claims of all severity, including minor injuries and complex, catastrophic injuries. Our Birmingham car accident attorneys represent victims of negligence in communities throughout Alabama and the nation. From anywhere, call us at 205-970-0800, or contact our car accident law office online today to arrange a free case evaluation.
Written by the Office of Whit Drake